Living in the world capital of wine, it is impossible to be indifferent to its specific atmosphere.
I have literally fell in love with the amazing world of wine and, having a PhD in Computer Science,
I decided to change my profession. Since then, I have done the following :
- Commercialization of organic wines for a negociant in Bordeaux
- Creation of content of wine courses for a sommeliers school in Moscow
- Organisation of tastings for wines enthousiast in Moscow
- Work in a gastronomic restaurant as a sommelier
More about me...
I have successfully passed WSET Level 3 and French Wine Scholar (in-depth knowledge of french wines) examinations, I continued moving towards my objective - a prestigious internationally recognized WSET Diploma in Wines and Spirits. After 15 months of a hard work I can proudly mention in my visit card DipWSET :). Furthermore, I am:
- An active member of the Association of Sommeliers of Bordeaux-Aquitaine which is a part of the national union of sommeliers: Union de la Sommellerie Française (UDSF)
- Judge in regional and international wine competitions (Concours des vins de Bordeaux-Aquitaine, Challenge International du Vin)
- Author of courses for Sommelier School WineState
Numerous appellations for french wines, a huge number of italian grape varieties and a complicated system of wine classification in Bordeaux region- it's no secret to me. I regulary visit professionnal events and exhibitions (such as en primeur tastings or Vinexpo) to stay informed in latest news and developpements in the world of wine and improve my tasting skills. I have also an experience of working in a gastronomic restaurant and with a negociant of Bordeaux as an export assistant.
Every month the Association of Sommeliers visit several châteaux having long and rich history and making excellent wines. I share my impressions and my experience on my personal site. So I invite you to join me in this fascinating journey in the world of wine and ask me your questions. If you will visit our wonderfull region of Aquitaine, I will be your personnal guide and with a great pleasure will share my knowledge in wine!